OREGON: October ‘Breast Cancer Awareness Month’ activities to Benefit Breast Friends
Thanks to our fabulous community partners, October is lining up to be a great opportunity to support Breast Friends and the women we serve through several third party fundraisers and events. Here is a list of the events lined up so far:
SINGLE DAY EVENTS
- Saturday October 6: Survivor, Friends and Family Luncheon – Was a great success
- Wednesday, October 10: Walking Co. – Walking For Hope
- Saturday, October 20: Posh Lingerie – 7459 SW Bridgeport Road, Tigard, OR. Posh will donate 30% of gross sales to Breast Friends.
- Thursday, October 25: Fuddruckers - 17815 S. W. 65th, Lake Oswego, OR . Free hamburger & Fries Night with any donation, 5:00pm to 9:00pm. Donations collected for Breast Friends.
- Friday, October 26: 2nd Annual Tennis ‘Drills for the Cause’, Tualatin Hills Tennis Center, 15707 SW Walker Rd., Beaverton, OR. One hour of fast paced drilling followed by fun match play, a silent auction, and potluck lunch (bring a dish to share). Beginning at 9:45am, ending around 1:00pm. Cost is $20. Proceeds benefit Breast Friends.
- Saturday, October 27: Battle Ropes to Battle Breast Cancer – Aleda Fitness – 2321 NW Thurman St., Portland, OR. . Starting at 10:00am, Aleda Fitness will be featuring their battle ropes (a metabolic workout with 10 circuit stations) to battle breast cancer. All proceeds will be donated in Ginny Wilborn’s name to Breast Friends. For more information call 503-906-4144.
- Saturday, October 27: The Healing with Color Fundraiser, hosted by Felicity, is an event designed to educate Portland community members on the health & healing properties of color. All proceeds will benefit Breast Friends, a local non-profit organization that provides support & resources to woman facing the challenges of cancer and the recovery from it. Five presenters will discuss how to incorporate color into your everyday life to promote optimal wellness. Appetizers will be provided by Farm to Fit. And be sure to enter the raffle for a chance to win great prizes to kick start the integration of color into your life! It starts at 2:00 and concludes at 5:30. The event will be held at Quaking Grass in NE Portland in the Alberta District. Tickets are $10 in advance (use the donate button below), $15 at the door. Space is limited to 50 so be sure you RSVP!!! We look forward to seeing you at a fantastic event that prevents wellness while supporting a good cause!
EVENTS COVERING ALL OF OCTOBER 2012
- Brighton Collectibles: Washington Square, Breast Cancer Bracelet Sales – $10 from each goes to Breast Friend.
- KUIK Westside Talk Radio: Breast Cancer Awareness Goodie Bag Sale – filled with coupons and surprises – $25 per bag – 100% goes to Breast Friends. Read more (list of goodies in bag)…
- www.TrunkShowSpecialties.com: Online scarf sale – portion of the proceeds to Breast Friends.
- Tron City Tattoo: 8665 SW Canyon Road, Beaverton, OR – $40 discount on all breast cancer related flash tattoos. Discount on any pink gems used in piercings. Portion of proceeds goes to Breast Friends. For more information: 503-292-4500, www.troncitytattoo.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
EVENTS OCTOBER 2012 TO JANUARY 2013
- Whole Foods Market Bridgeport: 7380 SW Bridgeport Road Tigard, OR. Shoppers who bring their own bags can choose to donate their 10-cent savings to Breast Friends.