Surviving and Thriving
Whichever treatment options you may experience, it’s important to keep track of the messages your body is sending you. Allow others who care for you to offer their support and encouragement, and take it one day at a time. Here are some resources we’ve collected that may be useful for you as you go through this journey. Remember, we are here to answer your questions. All of our volunteers and staff members are survivors who have been through the cancer journey. Though we don’t give clinical advice, we can answer most questions on treatment options and expectations.
- But You Don’t Look Sick – Cancer and Treatment Can be Very Draining Physically
- One on One and Group Support – Women Who Have Walked in Your Shoes
- Taking Care of Yourself During Treatment – Physical, Mental, Emotional and Spiritual Well-Being.
- Ways to Cope – Tips for Coping With the Difficult Emotions
- Hat Project – Free Hats for Cancer Patients
- Breast Prosthesis – Helpful Hints for Prosthesis Purchase
- Breast Reconstruction – A Surgical Procedure to Restore the Appearance of a Breast